cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Add Total Activity Column

Add the Total Activity column, currently available in the People tool, to Analytics Beta. This is a useful measure which our academics use a lot, and it seems strange not to have this in the new tool.

Tags (3)
4 Replies
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi sonya.mcchristie@sunderland.ac.uk,

Thanks for the feedback!

I've noted the feature request. Would you mind sharing a bit on how your academics are using this data point?

In the new Weekly Online Activity view that will be coming out next, we are providing a snapshot of total page views and participations for a student. While not specifically time-based, we hope this will provide a good indication of student activity within the course.

Thanks again for the feedback,

Best,

Kevin 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Kevin,

Yes, I saw the weekly view was coming and that will be helpful, but Total Activity is used as a quick and easy way of gauging students' activity throughout the duration of a module. Tutors teaching on our distance learning programmes in particular use this to check on students' activity and then contact students who do not seem to be engaging with the module.

Thank you,

Sonya

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi,

Total activity appears to be measuring time-on-task; a useful measure that is counted among the most important factors affecting student learning and achievement.

Just wondering, can it be included in the canvas student access report, for easy access to the data.

Thank you,

Adam

Highlighted

Hi,

Were you able to get the answer for that? I need that added into the report which I can download for the total activity of each student.

Thanks

0 Kudos