How to give full credit for some quiz questions for all students

Jump to solution
arencambre
Community Explorer

I have a quiz that automagically appears in the last 10 minutes of my class. Unfortunately, I did not get through all expected material, so the last four questions were not responsive to content I covered.

I prefer to just give the students full credit for those four questions. Is https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-regrade-a-quiz-question-in-New-Quizzes/... what I need? Yes, I am using a new quiz.

It appears I edit one student's grade on this question, and the final step in editing that one student's grade will show me an Item Regrade Option dialog, where I can then select give everyone full credit? Is that what lets me just award full quiz-question points to everyone?

Also, this is a co-listed course. Half my students are in a different section that has not met yet, so they have not taken the quiz. It appears that regrading only takes effect for students who have already taken the quiz and does not affect future grades. Is there a way I can simply tell Canvas "I don't care what the student answers or if there is an answer, just give full credit for any already submitted and future submitted answer to this question"?

1 Solution

Update: A few students took the quiz after I use the regrade to grant full credit on a few questions. The regrade was effective on those later quiz attempts, too, which is good.

View solution in original post