Matching in New Quizzes

Jump to solution
Lpicsmith
Community Member

I have seen this issue presented (and I know I presented it last year), but I have not seen that the problem has been resolved.  Has the issue of matching where the auto grading will give students either full credit if they have no errors or zero credit even if they answered all but one of the matching correctly been fixed?  This seems like an easy fix to change so that a student gets credit the ones they match correctly.  If it has NOT been fixed (I checked in the spring of 2021 and the  problem still existed) WILL it be fixed in New Quizzes any time soon?

0 Likes
1 Solution
mdthomas
Community Contributor

The problem has been fixed, but it does require you to go back to your Matching questions in the Item Bank and edit them. You don't have to modify any existing assessment, just the Matching question itself. 

Once you edit the question in the Item Bank, you will see a message stating "Some students have already submitted answers for this item! You can apply your edits to a copy of this item which will only be seen by students that have not taken the assessment."

Some students have already submitted answers for this item! You can apply your edits to a copy of this item which will only be seen by students that have not taken the assessment.Some students have already submitted answers for this item! You can apply your edits to a copy of this item which will only be seen by students that have not taken the assessment.

Select Edit a Copy.

Please note: I never saw a duplicate of the question in my Item Bank, so the concept of a "copy" didn't really occur visually to me. I believe it was just handled in the background of the system.

Once I edit the Matching question, I look for the Grading option and select Partial credit and the click Done to save the changes.

This method worked for me and I hope it works for you as well.

View solution in original post