Quiz automatically a Zero

Jump to solution
mullenjmath
Community Member

With the New Quizzes, it automatically assigns my students a zero in the gradebook as soon as it is created. It doesn't wait for them to take the quiz anymore or for the due date or close date. It did not used to do this. 

Can anyone help me? It's scaring my students, haha.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
JeffCampbell
Community Coach
Community Coach

There have been multiple reports of assignments (quizzes and otherwise) getting marked 0 when they should not be marked. It is a known issue that techs are working on. Advice has been to submit a Help Ticket (click on Help on the bottom of the far left menu when in Canvas and select Report a Problem). They are also trying go gauge how widespread the problem is and those tickets help.

If the quiz is also getting a Missing flag (visible if a student goes to their Grades page), then it might be related to this issue. Definitely mention the missing flag is being applied and maybe even include that link so they can connect it to that issue. That issue seems focused on copying content from one course to another, hence checking to see if the missing flag is on the assignment first. Especially since it sounds as if you created the quiz rather than importing from another course.

View solution in original post

0 Likes