cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner II

Anyone have any problems with sections from PowerSchool not coming over via SIF?

When our SIF ran overnight on 12/5/2017 a significant number of sections did not get pulled, which caused teacher/student enrollments to be removed for 50+ courses. Once we ran SIF again, sections and enrollments were restored. Anyone else experienced a similar problem? No changes were made in PowerSchool to enrollments or sections. We've reached out to Canvas and PowerSchool to see where the breakdown was as we want to avoid similar issue in future, but so far we don't have any answers.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello dloomis...

Although I am not certain of an answer for you, I have shared your question with the https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/sis/k12-sis?sr=search&searchId=ab0a77cb-e7af-4021-...‌ group here in the Canvas Community in hopes that your question will get some additional exposure.  I hope this will be of some help to you.  Good luck to you!

Highlighted

Hello dloomis...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  It appears as though you may have stumped the Community with your question.  Since you first posted this question on December 8, 2017, have you been able to come up with any solutions on your own?  If so, would you be willing to share that back here in this topic?  Or, if you are still looking for some help with this question, please let us know that as well so that someone might be able to help you.  For now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not necessarily because we've found a solution for you...but rather because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Diane.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Highlighted

We never found an explanation of what caused this, but fortunately it was a one time event.

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels