cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike_harack
Surveyor

Can I skip to another class while in speedgrader? (I have multiple classes with the same imported assignment)

Jump to solution

350274_pastedImage_1.png

There seems to be no option to allow me to skip to another class while in speedgrader. The same occurs in "lecture contents". There should be a way to skip to another classes content with a single click, and not have to run through all the menus again dashboard/courses/etc. Or, have another sidebar where we can see assignments from other classes and quickly navigate to them? Even with the fastest internet this is extremely slow navigation.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @mike_harack ...

To my knowledge, nothing like this exists in Canvas at this time.  The best solution I could offer you is to create a folder of bookmarks within your web browser that would point directly to those assignments in the SpeedGrader...so that you could quickly access them.  For example, in Google Chrome, you can create bookmarks to appear directly below your address bar so it's just a simple button click to jump right to that particular SpeedGrader item.  Of course, you'd need to update these bookmark links every semester.

I hope this might help a bit, Michael.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this.  Stay safe...be well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @mike_harack ...

To my knowledge, nothing like this exists in Canvas at this time.  The best solution I could offer you is to create a folder of bookmarks within your web browser that would point directly to those assignments in the SpeedGrader...so that you could quickly access them.  For example, in Google Chrome, you can create bookmarks to appear directly below your address bar so it's just a simple button click to jump right to that particular SpeedGrader item.  Of course, you'd need to update these bookmark links every semester.

I hope this might help a bit, Michael.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this.  Stay safe...be well.

View solution in original post

ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @mike_harack  and welcome to the Community!  There is no way that I am aware to switch from one class to another in SpeedGrader.  You could open multiple tabs in your web browser and have each open to another class/assignment.  If there is a loading lag this may allow the content to fully load while you are grading another assignment.  There are ways to switch between class sections within Speedgrader.  We have a number of faculty who teach multiple "sections" of a class (as referred to by our Registrar).  Since these are identical courses with different students, we normally combine these into one Canvas shell and then the instructor can grade the same assignment in various sections in one tab of the browser without leaving the Speedgrader window.  This may not be something that fits in your situation but I thought I would mention it.

I hope this helps and best wishes!

christinaballar
Surveyor

@mike_harack ‌ -- this might be a good feature to request in the Ideas section.