cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Connecting Canvas to a mobile game in Unity.

Firstly, I'd like to thank any and all who respond to this post. You're great! To the task at hand...I'm attempting to get Canvas single sign on working in a Unity app. All save data for the app can be saved on the device, but I'd like to essentially require the user to log into their Canvas account before entering the game itself. As I am new to OAuth, account based systems such as this, and the process of token handling, any and all information explained plainly is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you again for any help you can offer! 

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hey zachary.r.abbott@osfhealthcare.org,

First welcome to the #canvas communty‌.  I am going to share this with the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/canvas-developers?sr=search&searchId=dad05cc8-41ed-4a15-aafd-...‌ and https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/cmug?sr=search&searchId=3b1c4e23-df7e-44e8-b536-336a3d0c8f58&...‌s, as they would be the best ones to help you with the answers to what you are looking for.

Highlighted

Ok thanks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'd love to know if you ever figured this out. I'm highly knowledgeable on the Canvas mobile apps, but a newbie to Oath myself. I'm almost positive this can be done, but simply don't know how. If you find out, please share for others! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, zachary.r.abbott@osfhealthcare.org...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  While I don't necessarily have an answer for you myself, I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for quite a while.  It appears as though you may have stumped the Community with your question.  Have you been able to come up with any solutions on your own since you first posted your question on March 30, 2018?  If so, would you be willing to share what you've learned back here in this topic?  Or, if you are still looking for some help with this question, please come back to this topic to post a message below so that someone from the Community might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've found a solution for you, but more because we haven't seen any new activity in this topic for about five months.  However, this won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Zach.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Highlighted

Hi Chris,

So no we never did find a solution for our issue and decided to use another system entirely for our needs. We got on a phone call with some of your devs and they ultimately said that Canvas wouldn't be able to support our needs. I think the assumed answered is just fine so thanks for checking in!

Zach

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels