Highlighted
Community Member

Download media recordings?

Jump to solution

I have an assignment where students submit media recordings. Is it possible to download my students' submitted media recordings?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Canvas does allow a user to download a Canvas-recorded media file one at a time.

To do this, simply start playing a media file in Canvas and while it's playing right-click. You should see "Save Video As..." as an option.

I do like the idea of including recorded videos in the student submissions download feature -- a feature idea, perhaps?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi there hmaniates@usfca.eduand welcome to the Canvas Community.

You can indeed download media recordings. Here's the guide:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13086-415255025  

One of the examples in the guide is a video assignment which is what you are after.

Sing out if you need a hand. 

Highlighted
Surveyor

This appears to work for just about any submission, but not the media recordings.  There is not the option to download all student submissions if they are media recordings.  Good resource though, thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Canvas does allow a user to download a Canvas-recorded media file one at a time.

To do this, simply start playing a media file in Canvas and while it's playing right-click. You should see "Save Video As..." as an option.

I do like the idea of including recorded videos in the student submissions download feature -- a feature idea, perhaps?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Surveyor

Thanks for the post jared@instructure.com!  I have always thought this is impossible!

0 Kudos