cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yyang
Community Member

How can I retrieve an erased discussion and its replies?

Jump to solution

I was trying to organize my assignment categories to correlate with PowerTeacher Pro gradebook and accidentally erased a full discussion. How can I retrieve it and the students replies?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Member

Hello  @yyang ‌ - While it is possible to undelete SOME items in Canvas (there's a good overview here: Undeleting things in Canvas ), this generally will NOT work with Discussions.   Unfortunately, your best solution may be to contact Canvas Support (Help>>Report a Problem, which may be routed to your local support center) for this.

If you just wanted to review/read them again but not restore them, they may still be in your Beta instance, which gets refreshed every weekend, but be aware that anything posted since, roughly, Sunday morning will not be in Beta.

Sorry for the bad news on this, Yer!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kblack
Community Member

Hello  @yyang ‌ - While it is possible to undelete SOME items in Canvas (there's a good overview here: Undeleting things in Canvas ), this generally will NOT work with Discussions.   Unfortunately, your best solution may be to contact Canvas Support (Help>>Report a Problem, which may be routed to your local support center) for this.

If you just wanted to review/read them again but not restore them, they may still be in your Beta instance, which gets refreshed every weekend, but be aware that anything posted since, roughly, Sunday morning will not be in Beta.

Sorry for the bad news on this, Yer!

View solution in original post

yyang
Community Member

Thank you Ken Black. I'll have to be more careful the next time!