How do I clear an exam attempt?

Jump to solution
crickert
Community Novice

A student was having technical difficulties and I need to reset the midterm for him.  Help!!!!

0 Likes
2 Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Cynthia,

You can't clear an attempt but you can give this student an additional attempt.  This is actually nice because it preserves what happened the first time in case you need to refer back to it.  Here is a guide about how to provide an additional attempt to a student https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26235-once-i-publish-a-quiz-how-can-i-give-my-students-extr... 

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Likes

As far as I know, there is no plan to allow instructors to "clear" exam attempts for students. It's easy to add an "extra attempt," and there is value to keeping a record of all exam attempts.

And, "clearing" the student's first exam attempt doesn't help with test security. If you make the answers immediately available, then the student could simply take screenshots after the first submission before you've had a chance to "clear" it.

Instead, just set up your Quizzes so that the correct answers are made available to your students at a later day and time after everyone has taken the Quiz.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes