cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irishb
Explorer

How to setup survey/poll tool (desktop version) with anonymous answers visible to students

Jump to solution

Have provided Faculty with information re: conducting polls via Conferences,

but in case there may be other possible solutions - Faculty would like to:

• Organize students into groups of 2-4, using Canvas Groups
  • Within each group, we want to set up an online survey tool/assignment, which the students can respond to each week
  • The survey tool should be a Likert scale question (i.e., "rate from 1 to 10")
  • The answers should be anonymous to everyone in the group--but not anonymous for faculty members.

More information from Faculty:

• I've divided students into groups, set up a survey and added it to the question bank
  • The next step (I think) is to create a custom survey question set for each student in every group
  • The three (e.g.) questions in the question bank could comprise the question set for each student
    • (other students could then respond to those questions for each of their group members)

Any tips/suggestions are welcome - thank you for your time and help with this.

Bridget Irish

The Evergreen State College

Olympia, Washington

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi irishb​...

I'm going to try and take a stab at this question...but I'm not sure if this would be a possible solution for your needs or not.  Would the faculty at your school be open to using Google Forms instead of the survey tool within Quizzes?  The groups of students could still be created inside of the Canvas course.  Within Google, I'm thinking that a separate form for each group would be created that could be embedded on a page within the group area.  From an admin point of view, what could happen is that all faculty that need access to the Google Form could sign in with their own Google account to access the shared form (and the Excel table that comes with it which is where the data is populated).  Assuming that the Form asks students to fill out their name on one of the questions, the faculty could see who submitted the form via the Google spreadsheet.

Would something like this work for your needs?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi irishb​...

I'm going to try and take a stab at this question...but I'm not sure if this would be a possible solution for your needs or not.  Would the faculty at your school be open to using Google Forms instead of the survey tool within Quizzes?  The groups of students could still be created inside of the Canvas course.  Within Google, I'm thinking that a separate form for each group would be created that could be embedded on a page within the group area.  From an admin point of view, what could happen is that all faculty that need access to the Google Form could sign in with their own Google account to access the shared form (and the Excel table that comes with it which is where the data is populated).  Assuming that the Form asks students to fill out their name on one of the questions, the faculty could see who submitted the form via the Google spreadsheet.

Would something like this work for your needs?

View solution in original post

Thank you so much for your suggestion,  @chofer ​,

I really appreciate it and will pass it along to our faculty and see what they think. : )

Thank you again for your time and help!

Bridget