cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jared_bellis
Community Member

Invitations

Why aren't my students getting course invitations?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jared_bellis , could you provide a bit more information? Are you using Free for Teachers? Are you manually adding the students yourself? Are you a teacher or an admin? If you are using Free for Teachers and manually adding the students yourself they should be getting an invitation. If they aren't then I would contact Canvas Support by clicking on the Help link and Report a Problem.

Kona,

I'm using the free for teachers version. I am manually adding them but they are not getting invitations. I allowed self enroll and am still having issues. At least one of my students cannot log in at all. All of them have to authorize 2-3 times anytime they look at a content page. Any advice would be great!

thanks,

Jared

Is it possible that a spam blocker is blocking the invitations? I've heard of that happening before. 😞

From all the problems it sounds like you're having I'd definitely contact Canvas Support (Help link in Canvas then "Report a Problem") and see if they can help.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @jared_bellis ...

I wanted to check in with you because there hasn't been much activity in this discussion topic since August 28th.  It looks like  @kona ‌ has been helping you troubleshoot why your students weren't receiving e-mail invites to your course.  Has this issue been resolved now?  Did you talk with Canvas Support at all?  If so, what was the outcome of that conversation?  Would you be willing to share that below?  For now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions/comments below related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Jared.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon!