cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elekes_8
Community Member

Is it possible to flag an assignment submission?

Jump to solution

Is there an option to flag an assignment submission?  I searched the canvas guides and did not find any reference to it. In D2L, it was possible to flag a submission to indicate there was a problem with the submission (could be the student used a format that can't be opened, could be poor work). It was also easy to search search flagged files. This is an important feature when one has student graders helping to grade. In D2L, the graders could flag files for the instructor to easily find and review.  Also, I do not see a way to search for a particular student while in speed grader. Is this possible? This was an attractive feature in D2L as well.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @elekes_8 ​...

I don't believe there is anything that lets you tag an assignment submission so that it can be reviewed at a later time.  And, I didn't come across any Feature Ideas for this kind of option, so you might want to consider creating a brand new Feature Idea so that it can go through the voting process: How do I create a new feature idea?

Regarding your second question about searching for students via SpeedGrader...  I don't see any search functionality within SpeedGrader, but there is a search box at the top left corner of your Gradebook that says, "Filter by student name or secondary ID" where you could type in the name of a student and search in that way.  It's not a direct way to search and grade (especially if you're already in the SpeedGrader), but I wanted to at least point out this option for you.

Hope this helps, Karen.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @elekes_8 ​...

I don't believe there is anything that lets you tag an assignment submission so that it can be reviewed at a later time.  And, I didn't come across any Feature Ideas for this kind of option, so you might want to consider creating a brand new Feature Idea so that it can go through the voting process: How do I create a new feature idea?

Regarding your second question about searching for students via SpeedGrader...  I don't see any search functionality within SpeedGrader, but there is a search box at the top left corner of your Gradebook that says, "Filter by student name or secondary ID" where you could type in the name of a student and search in that way.  It's not a direct way to search and grade (especially if you're already in the SpeedGrader), but I wanted to at least point out this option for you.

Hope this helps, Karen.

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Chris is correct that the feature/option to flag an assignment submission doesn't exist in Canvas, but you could create a new Canvas Feature Idea for it.

elekes_8
Community Member

Chris,

I will create some feature ideas as there appear to be many features missing that are useful in a large classroom (over 200 students up to 1000). I also need to be able to search for a student in speed grader, not in the grade book. Without these two features, grading is difficult with student assistant graders.