cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Module requirement types not showing up

Jump to solution

I'm trying to set module requirements so that students must submit an assignment and/or a graded quiz to complete the module. In the module dropdown, only "Must view the page" is available. The quiz and assignment are clearly graded, submitted assignments. Has anyone encountered this? 

Thanks in advance for an help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

kshepherd+canvas@ecornell.com​, this feature doesn't go into production until this Saturday (10/10/15) - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-5061#jive_content_id_Modules

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

kshepherd+canvas@ecornell.com​, this feature doesn't go into production until this Saturday (10/10/15) - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-5061#jive_content_id_Modules

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Kona,

Thanks for your reply. Actually though I wasn't talking about the new module feature for Saturday's release (nice feature!), but rather unexpected behavior in the normal module requirement functionality. When I try to set a requirement in a module, the only option available in the dropdown is "must view the item." There should be a range of items available, like "submit the assignment", "must score at least", and so forth.

I've definitely used the requirement functionality in the past, so I don't know if this is a new bug or something else. I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem.

Highlighted

kshepherd+canvas@ecornell.com​​, thanks for the clarification! I just checked and all the correct options are showing up for me in my courses. Is this happening in all of your courses or just one? My recommendation is to check and see if this is a course specific problem or a bigger problem and then submit it to Canvas Support for assistance.

Highlighted
Community Member

I am having the same issue as Karen, 

I am able to section View - Mark as Done - Contribute to page .....  but only on the first item.  After that I only get "view the item".  I have tried to "Add requirement" as a new and try again .... but even if it lets me see all of the options it automatically changes it to "view the item".

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? 

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yeah, that sounds a little buggy. Smiley Sad

I'd submit it to Canvas Support to see what they have to say. If you're not sure how, go to where you're having the problem, click on the Help link (top right), and "Report a Problem." Then explain with as much detail as you can what the problem is.

Hope they are able to help figure out what's going wrong with this!