cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Moving video from one course to another

Jump to solution

I made a video in one online class, and I would like to use it in another.  How do I move it from one course to another?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi wdean@olivet.edu...

Did you upload the video file to the "Files" area of your course?  If so, then you should be able to use the following Guide to copy specific files from one course to another.  How do I select specific content as part of a course import?  If you used the "Upload Media" option inside of a content page (How do I upload a video using the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?), I think using the same "select specific content" Guide should work, too, in theory...but you'd just be copying a page instead of a file.  (I've not tried this out myself, but it seems like it should work?)  Give it a try and let us know how it goes...one way of the other.  Thanks William!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi wdean@olivet.edu...

Did you upload the video file to the "Files" area of your course?  If so, then you should be able to use the following Guide to copy specific files from one course to another.  How do I select specific content as part of a course import?  If you used the "Upload Media" option inside of a content page (How do I upload a video using the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?), I think using the same "select specific content" Guide should work, too, in theory...but you'd just be copying a page instead of a file.  (I've not tried this out myself, but it seems like it should work?)  Give it a try and let us know how it goes...one way of the other.  Thanks William!

View solution in original post

Surveyor

I have tried the method used in https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13101-4152497985  - but it never lets me get to a level to select specific movies. Only takes all modules or all files.

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello dlynx@yvcc.edu...

When you select specific content for your course import, you should be able to select specific files that are in that course.  For example, take a look at this screen shot:

Import Files

I can click on the arrows (so they point downward instead of to the right) which expands the folders, and then I can select any files I want to import from one course to another.

I'm hoping this will help to answer your question.  Sing out if you need further assistance.  Thanks!

That was very helpful.  I was looking for something on the right, but didn't think about that.

I have a feeling that the videos I uploaded are actually embedded in my page from another area, as they don't sem to be in my files.

Surveyor II

We have an instructor who copied her content from one course to another, including the module/page and linked video in the Files area.  However, the links are pointing to the previous course, therefore she needs to manually fix all the links.

Is there a better way to adjust to the course links since the video files have been copied over to the new course?

Thanks!