Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

My shells don't have Collaborate Ultra.

Jump to solution

I need to run class remotely tomorrow but my Semester 2 shells don't

have Collaborate ultra in the side menu.

How can I get it installed?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

RMIT Classification: Trusted

Thank you

I found that I could install it by going to Settings and then to the Navigation tab. Once there I found that I could drag Collaborate Ultra up from being a hidden tab at the bottom of the page to being a seen tab at the top of the page. I could position it wherever I wanted to among the left hand side menu items.

I then clicked save, and viola.

Thank you the staff member who gave me this advice and to all who answered my request for help

Merryl

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi, merryl.habel@rmit.edu.au, and welcome to the Canvas community!  Collaborate Ultra is a video conferencing tool that is used specifically by Blackboard.  Canvas, on the other hand offers Canvas Conferences, which is hosted by BBB (Big Blue Button) and Blindside Networks.  You can find this tool in your Course Navigation Menu and it will be called "Conferences."  It's pretty easy to use.  You don't need another login either.  Here's some information to help you get started and I would highly recommend that you familiarize yourself with it before using it with your students.  If you are going to use Canvas Conferences, I would also recommend you post an announcement in your course with the necessary information to help students use it, such as where they can find it, just in case they have never used it before.  

Conferences

Please reply if you have any other questions.  Good luck!

Highlighted
Learner II

Actually, I just came across something else that I thought would be good to share with you.  Please see the link below.  You will definitely need to ask your Canvas admin to help you with installing Blackboard Collaborate since it's a third party tool.

Web Conferencing Resources 

Blackboard Collaborate

Institutions that use Blackboard Collaborate can learn more about configuring and using the tool by viewing the Installation and Configuration Guide and the Blackboard Help website.

Behind the Blackboard! 

Good luck!

Highlighted
Community Member

RMIT Classification: Trusted

Thank you

I found that I could install it by going to Settings and then to the Navigation tab. Once there I found that I could drag Collaborate Ultra up from being a hidden tab at the bottom of the page to being a seen tab at the top of the page. I could position it wherever I wanted to among the left hand side menu items.

I then clicked save, and viola.

Thank you the staff member who gave me this advice and to all who answered my request for help

Merryl

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Learner II

So that sounds like your Canvas admin has already installed it into your school's account and you just had to add it to your course.  You should be good to go now.  Thanks for letting us know!

Labels