cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katlin_connell
Community Member

Playposit integration help

Jump to solution

How do I integrate Playposit into my course? I am using the free teacher version, and everything says to contact the LMS administrator to enable that feature, but I am my own administrator.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
orwinr
Learner II

Hi  @katlin_connell  and welcome to the Canvas Community!

After looking through the Playposit support site, it appears that the Canvas integration is only for enterprise class customers like schools or colleges. From what I can tell in your situation, somebody at Instructure would have to install the integration on their free teacher servers and I doubt that will happen as they wouldn't have an institutional license. Sorry to say, but it appears that at this point, you won't be able to install it into your account 😞

View solution in original post

sdavick
Community Member

Katlin, 

We used PlayPosit last year and for the first part of the year we simply copied the embed code from PlayPosit and used the html editor to post it in a lesson.

This worked really well. The students could watch the videos and answer the questions from Canvas and we could go to the PlayPosit website to see the results.

Then our school purchased a license for PlayPosit. With the integration, it worked as an external tool. It also imported the grades from the videos straight to our Canvas grade book. That was really helpful, but I'm not sure how expensive it was and if you might be able to talk your school into trying it. 

I hope this helps.

P.S. If you are uncomfortable using the html editor I can give you a quick walkthrough of how to add the code. 

2 Replies
orwinr
Learner II

Hi  @katlin_connell  and welcome to the Canvas Community!

After looking through the Playposit support site, it appears that the Canvas integration is only for enterprise class customers like schools or colleges. From what I can tell in your situation, somebody at Instructure would have to install the integration on their free teacher servers and I doubt that will happen as they wouldn't have an institutional license. Sorry to say, but it appears that at this point, you won't be able to install it into your account 😞

sdavick
Community Member

Katlin, 

We used PlayPosit last year and for the first part of the year we simply copied the embed code from PlayPosit and used the html editor to post it in a lesson.

This worked really well. The students could watch the videos and answer the questions from Canvas and we could go to the PlayPosit website to see the results.

Then our school purchased a license for PlayPosit. With the integration, it worked as an external tool. It also imported the grades from the videos straight to our Canvas grade book. That was really helpful, but I'm not sure how expensive it was and if you might be able to talk your school into trying it. 

I hope this helps.

P.S. If you are uncomfortable using the html editor I can give you a quick walkthrough of how to add the code.