cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whansen1
Community Member

Set date/time on homepage

Jump to solution

Can I set the date/time for a page to be switched over to my home page? I'd like my home page to change over at 8am every Monday (to display that week's outline). I've created the pages already, but can't seem to find a way to set the date/time for the homepage. Do I have to do it manually each week?

Thank you!

-- Whitney

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Navigator II

@whansen1  

You're not the first person to want to do this. Unforunately, I can't find the other discussions right now, so I'll summarize them.

Basically, the manual approach you asked about and  @chofer  confirmed is the easiest (only?) way for most people.

If you have programming skills, you may be able to write a program that will call the API to change the page that you're using for your homepage and then add that to some kind of scheduler on a machine that is likely to be on at 8:00 am on Monday morning. It can automatically send the API call to change the home page for you. You will need to obtain an access token from your Account > Settings page so the program can make the API call on your behalf.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @whansen1 ...

I don't know of any way you could do this in the current Canvas interface.  I believe you'll have to manually update this page (or change the "Front Page") every Monday morning.

James
Navigator II

@whansen1  

You're not the first person to want to do this. Unforunately, I can't find the other discussions right now, so I'll summarize them.

Basically, the manual approach you asked about and  @chofer  confirmed is the easiest (only?) way for most people.

If you have programming skills, you may be able to write a program that will call the API to change the page that you're using for your homepage and then add that to some kind of scheduler on a machine that is likely to be on at 8:00 am on Monday morning. It can automatically send the API call to change the home page for you. You will need to obtain an access token from your Account > Settings page so the program can make the API call on your behalf.

View solution in original post

whansen1
Community Member

Thanks! I do not have the necessary programming skills, so I guess I'll do it the old fashioned, low-tech, manual way each Monday.