cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JAuclair
Surveyor

Student Assignment Enhancements Drag and drop feature

If I include a .pdf file in the body of the assignment, will a student be able to drag and drop that file directly to the upload box? Or do they have to download the pdf and then upload it in the box? I am trying to minimize steps for my elementary students and also use the marking tools in a submitted file. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @JAuclair ...

If you intend having your students modify the PDF file in some way, they will first have to download the file to their local computer, make the edits to the file, and then upload it as an attachment to the assignment.  There are other ways you could possibly do this...if you used either Google or Office 365.  It eliminates the need for first downloading the file...because it saves a copy of your PDF file to each student's own Google or O365 account...and they can work on the file "online", and then submit it to you.

You would need to consult with your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department to see if either of these option are integrated into your school's Canvas environment, though.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.