cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Students having problems viewing appointment times in scheduler

Some of my students are having problems signing up for an appointment using the schedular function. They are in the schedular tab, are able to see the appointment topic, and click on sign-up. However, once they do that, the available appointment times do not show up and it tell them there are no appointments after that date. I am guessing this has something to do with how they have their calendar and/or Canvas account set up but and not sure what to tell them to allow them to be able to view and sign up for the appointments.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

I'm sorry there are no replies, emooradi@iu.edu‌ since now I have a teacher with a student making a similar complaint.  Did you ever figure out what setting was causing the problem, or whether it was in one of the student apps?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Navigator

emooradi@iu.edu I have a few ideas based on what you described. (As of 8-4-2018, what had been the "Scheduler tab" in the Calendar for students became the Find Appointment button.)

once they do that, the available appointment times do not show up and it tell them there are no appointments after that date

• If all future appointments in any course the student takes are all completely reserved by others, a banner message will appear:
    293896_pastedImage_2.png
  • That same message shown above may appear when the appointment settings specify to "Have students sign up in groups", and a student hasn't yet joined or been assigned to a group in that course.
  • Finally, if there are no future appointments scheduled in any course the student is taking, Find Appointment simply doesn't appear.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi emooradi@iu.edu,

Were you able to find an answer to your question with the responses already provided or possibly through some of your own additional sleuthing? Because there hasn't been any more activity in a while, I am marking this question as answered as I assume that you have the information that you need.

If you still need further help or information, please feel free to reach out and let us know. Equally if you found a solution that solved this, it would be great to hear from you how you did (as this will help anyone else that finds your question in future).

Finally, if this question has been answered by someone else specifically, please feel free to jump back in and mark that answer as correct.

Cheers,
Stuart 

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels