cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert_s_pritch
Community Member

Unpublishing old courses

Jump to solution

I've read through the pubs and conversations here and I'm finding that once an assignment has been graded, it's not possible to "unpublish" a course. There must be a way for me to at least "hide" a course that I completed last semester so others taking the course this semester aren't able to view it, but I can't figure out how to do that. Can you help?
Warmest regards,

Pritch

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yes, there is a way to do this! Go to the course Settings and click on the box next to where it says, "Restrict students from viewing course after end date." This will totally hide the course and it's content from students. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yes, there is a way to do this! Go to the course Settings and click on the box next to where it says, "Restrict students from viewing course after end date." This will totally hide the course and it's content from students. 

View solution in original post

robert_s_pritch
Community Member

The course in question doesn't allow me to modify that setting. What am I doing wrong?

If the option to restrict students from viewing course after end date is grayed out (and/or doesn't allow you to check it) then at an Institutional level the Canvas Admin for your school has blocked faculty from applying this setting. The most you can do in a case like this is to "hide" all of your navigational links in the course (so links on the left side of your course) and/or unpublish as much as you can from your Modules; assignments that students have submitted to can't be unpublished.

Otherwise you would want to direct this question to the Canvas admin's at your school. Hope this helps!