Jump to solution

Does anyone know how to get to the rich content editor

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @tracy_daniels1  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Based on your Community profile, it looks like you are a student.  This is a super easy question to answer.  The Rich Content Editor (RCE) is available to you anywhere you can edit content in the course...such as if your instructor has discussion topics you need to reply to.  The area where you type in your reply is called the Rich Content Editor.  Another example is if your instructor allows you and your classmates to reply to Announcements in the course.  The RCE is used there, too.  A third area would be in essay questions for a quiz.  There are others, too.  Here's a couple links for you that will help:

I hope this helps, Tracy.  Please let the Community know if you have any questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @tracy_daniels1  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Based on your Community profile, it looks like you are a student.  This is a super easy question to answer.  The Rich Content Editor (RCE) is available to you anywhere you can edit content in the course...such as if your instructor has discussion topics you need to reply to.  The area where you type in your reply is called the Rich Content Editor.  Another example is if your instructor allows you and your classmates to reply to Announcements in the course.  The RCE is used there, too.  A third area would be in essay questions for a quiz.  There are others, too.  Here's a couple links for you that will help:

I hope this helps, Tracy.  Please let the Community know if you have any questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

s3780467
Community Member

@Chris Hofer, what you said cannot really help to solve the quesion, sorry. We as students, cannot find links access to that software, can you straightly tell us do we need to download that software, or any link access to it's editing website? Thank You

Hi s3780467 

@chofer ‌ has provided the correct answer. The RCE is not software you download, it is an integral component of Canvas and built into almost everywhere in Canvas that a student can type some sort of response.

The RCE that Canvas uses in the features Chris described is from a company called Tiny, and if you are looking for it to develop your own applications, you can download a trial version at TINY.

I hope this is helpful.

s3780467...

As  @kmeeusen ‌ stated, the information that I provided to  @tracy_daniels1  was correct (and still is correct).  Tracy appears to be a student (based on the e-mail address assigned to her account here in the Community), and so I provided her with the relevant information that she would need for her question.

I echo the comments from Kelley about the RCE (Rich Content Editor) and Tiny.

Thank you.