Cannot import SIS categories into Canvas

manon_felos
Community Member

So far as I know, I'm the only teacher in my department with this problem, and I have personally helped another teacher set up their Canvas/PowerSchool SYNC so I know what to do, it's just not working for me.

The issue: My PowerSchool assignment categories will not import to Canvas, so I can't sync grades.

What I've done: When trying to set-up the Canvas/PowerSchool "handshake," I click on the Sync SIS Categories button in the assignments tab. There I see the assignments, and the drop-down menu where I SHOULD see my SIS categories (our district uses only two categories: Evidence and Practice), all I see is "unassociated." I've helped my co-worker set up her Canvas, and the SIS categories showed up just fine for her below the "unassociated" category. I was able to use that to properly set up the Canvas/PowerSchool connection. For me however, all I see is "unassociated." I cannot see my district's SIS categories. I'll include a screenshot of what I see.

I've also tried re-setting the entire canvas course, checking settings, using a different browser, checking that the categories are in PowerSchool, and nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Labels (2)
0 Likes