SIS Error Codes for Blackbaud SIS

Jump to solution
Mseewel4344
Community Explorer

Can anyone help with error code definitions specifically for Blackbaud SIS??? The "dictionary" that I keep finding has every other SIS out there BUT Blackbaud and the "definitions" don't fit our instance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
NicoletteStaley
Community Team
Community Team

@Mseewel4344 unfortunately, there currently is not an "error code dictionary" available for Blackbaud SIS integrations with Canvas.  Hopefully one will be created soon.  The error codes that appear in the grade sync details in Canvas are actually the codes that get sent by Blackbaud to Canvas, but since the error codes aren't generated by Canvas but by Blackbaud, the meaning of each of the errors has to be determined by the SIS Team before a dictionary can be produced and shared.

I can let you know a few errors that I have determined the meaning for with Blackbaud grade sync issues:

ERROR

MEANING

WORKAROUND/FIX

PutResult: ConflictingResultFound

Manually entered grades where entered into the Blackbaud gradebook.

Remove manually entered grades from Blackbaud and run another sync from the Canvas course.

LineItemDeleted

Teacher deleted assignment in Blackbaud

The assignment’s integration data needs to be reset in Canvas.  Typically contacting Canvas Support is best.

PutResult: InvalidScore

Score in Canvas is not valid for Blackbaud

Ensure the grade entered for the assignment in Canvas is valid (not '-')

PutResult: MissingUserEnrollment

User enrollment in Blackbaud is not active.

Ensure student is not enrolled in multiple sections of the same course and that the enrollment dates in Blackbaud are current and active.

View solution in original post