Defining Success, and What it Means for the Instructure Roadmap

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

shirenv
Instructure
Instructure

Blog Headers -- 2000 x 200 (2).png

Last year for our virtual InstructureCon 2022 event, I had the honor to interview one of my favorite modern-day thinkers—the bestselling author, organizational psychologist, and Wharton professor, Adam Grant. At the time, I had just joined Instructure as Chief Product Officer, and my excitement for the role doubled (tripled!) as he and I discussed his innovative teaching approach and the art of learning. 

With InstructureCon 2023 on the horizon (which will be in person this year), I've found myself reflecting on my conversation with Adam and his advice for educators who were feeling burned out after some very tough years. One thing he said stuck with me: “Remember now that your work as an educator makes a difference in other people’s lives.”

He often echoes the sentiment of focusing on impact, like in his famous quote,The most meaningful way to succeed is to help other people succeed.” As educators, you inherently embrace this purpose every day. As your edtech partners, we try to mirror this worldview, because our success is measured by the outcomes our tools make possible for both educators and learners. 

What this means for Instructure products

Our outcomes-based approach in product development informs our planning and roadmap decision-making. It’s designed to provide you, our Community, with the most impactful solutions and capabilities so you can do what you do best–help students succeed.

Below is just some of the great work our teams are doing to help drive better outcomes for our users.

At the end of March, we announced the launch of Canvas Admin Analytics. Included for all Canvas LMS customers, this new solution gives leaders the ability to easily access relevant data to help drive timely decisions that drive student and institutional success. 

Our Mastery Connect team is busy working on a new assessment experience designed to save teachers time and make it easier to assess student mastery. With these critical insights, teachers can make instructional decisions that improve student outcomes, setting them up for success as they progress through their education. 

With the release of Out-of-the-box Walkthroughs in Impact, pre-made Walkthroughs that offer step-by-step guidance to instructors and students on workflows mean users get the support they need to successfully adopt technology and keep the focus on learning.

What’s next

Our teams have been busy planning for the remainder of 2023, and we are happy to announce the updated Instructure Roadmap is now live in the Community. This is the best place to see which features we’re shipping in July, which is right in time for Back to School for many customers in North America and Europe. 

To ensure we include your voice in our upcoming priorities, we’ve kicked off our first round of voting in the new Ideas and Themes. You’re encouraged to vote on themes that would bring the most value to you and your organization.  Sort by Student's First Name in Gradebook, Submit on Behalf of Student, and Easily Link to Newly Created Course.

And, of course, I can’t wait to meet you in person at InstructureCon in Denver this July. I love watching your successes–big or small–in the #ConfettiWithCanvas social campaign, and I look forward to making moments with our Community IRL. At InstructureCon, You’ll also be the first to preview our work on a deep, integrated platform experience and cutting-edge technologies, like generative AI. You’ll be able to select sessions from jam-packed agenda to learn from and network with other amazing educators dedicated to student success. And, trust me, you won’t want to miss this keynote lineup

To wrap, I want to again highlight our appreciation for your continued partnership and collaboration. Over the past weeks, our product teams have had enlightening conversations with leaders from Western Governors University and Florida Gulf Coast University (among many others!) around their work with Canvas Credentials, giving us key insights to inform our strategy around credentialing and learning pathways. We’ve also met with key partners, like Hacienda La Puente Unified School District and Penn State, to gather important feedback as we plan for the future. Together, we will build more amazing things as we partner to ensure every educator and every learner succeeds. 

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

1 Comment