Third-Party App Support in New Quizzes Rich Content Editor is Here

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

TamasBalogh
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

3.png

We are thrilled to announce that the third-party app support for the Rich Content Editor (RCE) in New Quizzes has been released to beta. As you may already know, we re-released the RCE to beta in April, which was a major milestone as it will allow you to directly record media from the editor and have the same experience as in other parts of Canvas. With the latest update, all RCE functionalities have now been added for use with New Quizzes.

The third-party app support will be released to production when the RCE is re-enabled in production on June 17th.

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

3 Comments
amg10k
Community Participant

I'm receiving an error message: "Failed to initialize plugin: instructure_rce_external_tools".  Has anyone else seen this?  Does anyone have any suggestions for me to get it to work?

2023-05-31_10-40-29.png

rmartini
Community Participant

@amg10k , I'm seeing the same "Failed to initialize plugin: instructure_rce_external_tools" error. I enabled the "New Quizzes third party importing" feature preview in the beta environment of one of our instances but I still got that error message. I know we were consistently seeing that error throughout Canvas in Beta a few weeks ago but that doesn't seem to be the case now. I only see it when trying to edit New Quiz questions. I just opened a case about it (09820896).

TamasBalogh
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Author

@rmartini @amg10k Thank you for reporting the issue. This was the same issue what you saw across Canvas and it is resolved now in New Quizzes too.