Update on Rich Content Editor in New Quizzes

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

TamasBalogh
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

3.png

As you may already be aware, we encountered a problem with the new Rich Content Editor (RCE) in New Quizzes which forced us to turn it off. We understand this situation has caused some inconvenience and we want to assure you we are doing everything in our power to ensure a smooth transition. Since then, our team has been diligently working on developing a solution to the issue, and we are happy to report we are making significant progress.

We are currently finalizing the work around the fix and then we are going to conduct internal testing to ensure the problem has been completely resolved. Once we have completed the testing phase, we will re-enable the new RCE in the Beta environment. 

To provide you with a clear timeline for both the Beta and Production release, I will be publishing a new blog post within the next 1-2 weeks. That post will contain all the relevant details regarding the re-release, including specific dates.

Our goal is to ensure there are no disruptions during final exams and institutions have ample time to prepare for the release of the new RCE inside of New Quizzes.

The content in this blog is over six months old, and the comments are closed. For the most recent product updates and discussions, you're encouraged to explore newer posts from Instructure's Product Managers.

8 Comments
audra_agnelly
Community Champion

Thanks for the update @TamasBalogh. I want to lift up the fact that K12 institutions give high school finals into June. The last RCE release coincided with our January midterm schedule and caused disruptions on those exams, so we want to avoid another repeat of that.

patrickdorls
Community Participant

Thanks for the information. I'm glad that you update us on a regular basis about work on this bug fix is going.

cvalle
Community Participant

Thanks for the update. I’m excited to have RCE integration in new quizzes.

Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

Hi!  Just checking in, as teachers are very eager about an update on the re-release of RCE.   Thank you!

jvarney5
Community Explorer

Same as Hildi_Pardo above. I've been watching this space for the 1-2 weeks specified and am anxiously awaiting a timeline for these updates.

TamasBalogh
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@Hildi_Pardo@jvarney5 and all,

Please see my new post about details.

nicki_alori
Community Explorer

Hi any chance it could be released by instance? We are in limbo until its released with our learners unable to submit any work until the RCE is turned back on - as part of their work is to upload a document in each question - but that functonaity disappeared with the removal of the new RTE.

TamasBalogh
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi @nicki_alori, unfortunately it's not possible to turn the new RCE on by instances. 
For your problem, I have a suggestion: If I understand right, you are using the Essay type questions for students to upload documents through RCE. If the question is only aimed to upload a document from their devices, I believe File Upload question type is a better way to go, regardless if the new RCE is available. Do you think this could be a possible solution or am I misunderstanding your situation?