Jesse Raskin's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

merge user accounts (without admin permissions)

I ended up with two canvas accounts, one from my employer and one from a provider of professional development. How do I merge these two accounts? Thanks!

11-29-2023

[Gradebook] Message students who ... scored more than X but less than Y

Problem statement: In grade book, I wold like to see an option to message students who achieved a score of less than the max but more than the minimum score. For example, on my 1-4 rubric, it is eas...

11-29-2023

Feedback Sent via Message Students Who

In grades, I use "Message Students Who" to provide feedback for students and as one of the ways I meet the requirements in California for regular and substantive contact. I am up for peer observation...

11-16-2023

Re-open a discussion for one student? A quiz?

I set an "available until" date for discussions and for quizzes. The available until date has passed. Yet, I have reason to re-open the discussions and the quizzes for one student. I would like to do...

11-07-2023

Change a Page to an Assignment

Hello all - is there an Edit feature that will allow me to change a Page to an Assignment?  This would be incredibly convenient. Please note, I'm not talking about using copy/cut/paste functiona...

01-09-2023

[Assignments] Start By Date for Assignments

I often find that student wait until the due date to look at an assignment. And, I also notice that the students who "preview" an assignment a few days ahead of time tend to demonstrate more learning...

06-20-2022

[Gradebook] Message Students Who: Video Comment

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas We're frequently reminded of the positive impact we can establish with students by using video messaging, especially in our asynchron...

05-03-2022

[Assignments] Assign due date to an external URL

I'm using an online OER textbook. I'd like to assign students to read a chapter each week. Right now, I do this by adding a page, typing the information into the page along with a link to the chapter...

05-18-2021

Assign due date to an external URL

Hello all, I'm using an OER textbook. I'd like to assign students to read a chapter each week. Right now, I do this by adding a page and then assigning a due date to the page. But, could I just put...

05-10-2021

Google LTI authorization using Safari 14.0.02

Each time I want to open a google doc, I am asked to "authorize" it, even if I have just authorized it within the previous minute. Is there any way to fix this?  Thanks!

01-20-2021

Credit / No Credit: Set a the No Credit Score

For a C / NC assignments worth 2 points, I'd like to set the C score at 2 and the NC score at 1. Is this possible? If so, how? If not, other suggestions to get a similar result with ease of gradin...

06-24-2020

Default Grades: Gradebook x Speedgrader

When I make assign a default grade in gradebook it doesn't show up in speedgrader.  Why? My process: create assignment. set default grade. wait for due date. give evaluative fe...

04-11-2020