Riding the Regrade Wave: How Quizzes.Next Solved a Gnarly Grading Issue for a Large-Enrollment Business Course

RebeccaMoulder
Community Contributor

Presentation Blog

Presentation Title

Riding the Regrade Wave: How Quizzes.Next Solved a Gnarly Grading Issue for a Large-Enrollment Business Course

@RebeccaMoulder ‌ - The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, Pa)

Abstract / Session Overview

Regrading numerical quiz questions for a 500-student course at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania was a real challenge in Canvas Quizzes. Learn how we're piloting Quizzes.Next to take advantage of its regrading capabilities, settings, and new question types, and how we're preparing for wider rollout.

Details

Thursday, July 11th at 3:25 pm

In this presentation I discuss how Wharton came to use Quizzes.Next for not one, but two large-enrollment (500-900 student) courses. One course had a persistent need to regrade numeric question types, a feature unavailable in classic Quizzes. In the second course, MBA students must complete a timed writing assessment, which worked well using the new stimulus question type and improved essay questions. I show how to set up a new quiz using Quizzes.Next, point out the more granular student view and quiz log settings, and demo how the regrade tool works. While there is still much to be developed for Quizzes.Next, I found that capitalizing on the things it does well has helped me find workarounds for the features that are pending.

317578_Divider3.png

Resources

317600_Blog Postcard - Blog Icon 2.png

InstructureCon 2019

Read More Presentation Blogs

Users who also had this question