0 Likes
(3)

Having an option to select the maximum number of responses allowed to a discussion or question post would prevent students from posting an initial reply, then reposting an additional reply, claiming they "forgot to include this information in the first post". For example, if students are given a discussion question where they need to post a reply by a certain date, and I also include "users must post before seeing replies", I  will occasionally have a few students who post a second reply (before their deadline) claim they forgot to include some vital, additional information (like an elaboration on the answer, or a crucial term they forgot to mention, etc.). The problem is, they got to see all the other students' posts after they submitted their first reply, so they could essentially regurgitate the information they may have been missing in their first post. Currently, I'm just telling students that I'm only accepting the initial post but I would like to have a way of simply limiting the number of posts they can upload (e.g. just one before they get to see other replies and none afterwards).

This widget could not be displayed.
Who rated this idea