0 Likes
(1)

It would be of great benefit to be able to add, delete, and rename categories in the top-level menu at the lefthand side of all course Module screens.  

It would also be helpful to be able to block features--the Canvas messaging system does not work properly with our campus e-mail system.  I tell students not to use it, but it would be better to be able to block it entirely from a course and avoid wasting their time.

There should also be a way to disable options for assignment submissions--I want to make Canvas present my students with no other option than uploading a file in one of the listed formats.  I go through year after year and "restrict file upload types," but it does not actually restrict anything.

Conversely, faculty should be able to force-e-mail announcements as we could in Blackboard; it should not be a decision left up to student-controlled settings.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

This widget could not be displayed.
Tags (3)
Who rated this idea