What is the student's view like when submitting late?

Jump to solution
simmering
Community Novice

I did a brief search of the general Canvas help and didn't find this, so was wondering if others knew: what does it look like from a student view to submit to an Assignment or Quiz after the deadline has passed? I had a Quiz with a deadline yesterday (and didn't realize I needed to set the Available dates as well as a deadline to prevent late submissions), and a student posted this morning. He didn't mention to me that he posted late, so I'm wondering whether it was obvious while he was submitting that it was late (and he didn't mention it to avoid drawing attention to it) or if it was possible he didn't realize it was late (he did submit by the deadline for a different Assignment today, so possibly he mixed them up). Sorry if this sounds confusing, I've found it a little hard to see what the student view is while actually making submissions.

1 Solution
abunag
Community Champion

For quizzes or assignments, it has the due date at the top of the page but no special color or flag if it's past that date, so it could easily be missed.  However, they should still see due dates in other places in canvas, and I believe they get an email if they've set their notifications for that.

View solution in original post