View ungraded items as 0 feature in grade book

Jump to solution
caroline_norton
Community Novice

Did the View gradbook with ungraded items as 0 feature get removed from the new grade book?

1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Caroline, yes it did.  It's not part of the new gradebook.  Personally I'm kind of glad it's gone because it only affected the teacher's view.  If you select that option the Total grade you saw might now match what students were seeing.  I would always advise teachers to not use that view and instead enter 0s for students as they missed turning things in.

In the new gradebook there is an option which you might consider where it automagically assigns 0s after the due date has passed if no assignment has been submitted.  How do I apply a Missing Submission policy in the Gradebook? 

I really like using this option because it really puts a 0 in there which affects both what the teacher sees and what the student sees.  If you don't use Due dates or don't want it to happen automagically I'd suggest using the Set Default Grade option to fill in 0s for any missing assignments after you done your grading https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16547-4152813642 

Rick

View solution in original post