While you wait for all the #InstCon 2018 recordings to be available, I can share this information about my session on Blueprint courses. (See the attachment below for the slide deck.)
Blueprint offers the potential to save significant time in site setup, while ensuring consistency across courses. But when is it the best choice? We'll share lessons learned from Wharton's Blueprint pilot, including successful use cases, instructional design considerations, and strategies to avoid problems with group assignments, modules, and LTI tools.
Photo: Thanks, Joe Schaffner!
Resources in the Canvas Community:
- Ken Black's incredibly helpful Tips for Designing and Maintaining Blueprint Courses
- Lessons Learned about Blueprint Courses: Introduction
- Lessons Learned about Blueprint Courses: Getting Buy-In
- Lessons Learned about Blueprint: When Blueprint Wasn't the Solution
- Lessons Learned about Blueprint Courses: Replacing Course Copy Workflows - one of the use cases I discuss in my #InstCon presentation is also addressed in this blog post
- James Jones's magical Canvas enhancement to Adjust All Assignment Dates on One Page
Want to Help Improve Blueprint Courses?
Here are some feature ideas you can up-vote and/or comment on:
- Blueprint: Make Modules lockable (open for voting)
- Blueprint: Additional Lockable Attributes for Assignments (archived, but will resubmit soon)
- Blueprint: Sync all unedited unlocked course objects and attributes (archived, but will resubmit soon)
- Multiple Blueprints in a Single Course (open for voting)
- Feature Options settings for Blueprint (open for voting)
- Blueprint Courses - Improve the Synch History (open for voting)
- Lock Question Banks in BluePrint (open for voting)
- Mastery Path - Blueprint/Course Copy Support (open for voting)
- Option to Regrade Quiz for Blueprint Quiz (open for voting)
- Blueprint API should behave the same as the Blueprint tool (open for voting)
- Trigger notification for blueprint announcements (open for voting)
- Lock All Content in Blueprint (open for voting) -- from talking with folks at #InstCon, most people assume this is the way that Blueprint behaves -- everything is locked by default -- but it isn't!
- Make Syllabus Changes in Blueprint prompt to Sync (open for voting)