When sharing a resource to Commons, you will need to choose who you want to share your resource with. There are five sharing options available: share to your entire account, share within groups, share within consortiums, share with the public (all Canvas Commons users), or you can set a resource only visible to yourself (private). Select one or more options (maximum of 10) for sharing your resource(s).
- To enable Commons in your Canvas instance, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
- Commons is available in all Free for Teacher (FFT) accounts. Free for Teacher users are limited to finding, importing, and sharing public resources.
- Standard Canvas file storage limits apply, however, anything shared publicly will not count against your quota.
- Depending on the account settings set by your Canvas admin, you may be unable to view and/or share public content. Authors of publicly shared resources will always be able to view their resource.
- When updating resources, resources that are no longer in a user's scope will not appear on the user's Updates page. For example, changing the share option from your account to within specific groups.
Share to Account
To share the resource with your entire account, select the All of [account] checkbox. If you share to your entire account, the resource will be shared to all groups within the account (including groups you may not belong to).
Share within Groups
To share the resource within groups, select the Select Group(s) checkbox. This includes the ability to share with all or select groups.
Note: Group visibility is based on your group membership(s).
Share within Consortiums
To share the resource only within consortiums, select the Select Consortium(s) checkbox. This includes the ability to share with all or select consortiums.
Share with Public (All Canvas Users)
To share the resource with all Canvas users, select the Public checkbox. The shared resource will be publicly available to anyone using Canvas.