FAQ: Quizzes LTI

Document created by Renee Carney Administrator on Aug 23, 2017Last modified by jivedocs@instructure.com on Nov 8, 2017
Version 5Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Official User Group Document

Canvas + Logo transparent (WHITE)- 300px.png

When can I access the Quizzes LTI?

Quizzes LTI is in limited beta to select institutions. Please contact your Customer Success Manager if you are interested in participating in the Quizzes LTI beta.

How is the Quizzes LTI different from current Canvas quizzes?

Quizzes LTI is a brand new assessment engine built to meet the needs of assessment in your classroom today and in the future. Leveraging modern technologies, Quizzes LTI features include a series of feature enhancements and new item types, and bring workflow improvements to what is commonly encountered in Quizzes Classic.

To see how the Quizzes LTI tool compares to existing quizzes, please see our Quizzes LTI Feature Comparison.

How long do I have access to Quizzes LTI?

Once the tool is configured in your instance of Canvas, it’s yours to keep… like hotel shampoo and stationery, but infinitely more awesome.

Can I use the Quizzes LTI along with the existing Quizzes feature in Canvas?

Yes, the two features are built on separate platforms and can be used in the same course.

Quizzes LTI is currently in beta. What does this mean?

Well, it means the software is near production readiness, but we are carefully scaling up the usage of the software and collecting data before we give this new hotness to all of our users. While the tool is usable in production, the term beta means you may still encounter some issues—mainly things around accessibility, browser issues, language translation, and maybe even uptime. While we strive to address these issues as fast as we can, some may pop up on occasion.

We are also working on support documentation and internal processes during this period, so if you have questions or concerns, please contact your CSM rather than call support.

How do I create an assessment using Quizzes LTI?

Find more detailed information about Quizzes LTI in the Quizzes LTI Guide.

Will the quizzes I create become part of a permanent record?

Yes, once the tool is configured in your instance, the data is a part of the permanent course record.

Can I create a survey in the Quizzes LTI?

Not yet.

Can quizzes created in the Quizzes LTI be shared to other courses?

No. Quizzes created in the Quizzes LTI will not be shared with another course as part of a course import, course export, course copy, or blueprint courses. 

2 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes