Open for Voting
I always find it useful to search for content using an index or an actual search tool rather than just scrolling through all of the pages one by one to find what I need. I can see many uses for this:
- As a student, I know that a particular topic was covered but I'm not sure where. I can search the course for the keyword and the page hits will come up.
- As an instructor, I want to know where else these students have seen a particular concept. I can search a bunch of courses for a keyword and the courses and page hits will come up.
- As a student, as I am trying to integrate information from multiple lectures within a course or within multiple courses, it would be useful to see where a particular concept has been covered.
This idea was considered when developing our product plan for Q4 2019 and is not expected to influence development within Canvas at this time.
- This idea will remain open for vote.
- If this idea is in the top 10% by vote next cycle it will be reconsidered.
Read more about the feature idea process: