A couple of things that teachers LOVE about Google Classroom (that would be great to leverage in Canvas) are:
- When a student turns-in a Google Doc, Sheet, Slideshow, Drawing it automatically gives Teacher edit permissions and takes away the student's edit permission until the assignment is graded/returned to student.
- It's super easy to provide students with a template document that they will click on and automatically get a document of their own (based off your template) to work on.
- The Google Drive Management- It does a very nice job of organizing everything into folders for the teachers and students.
Whatever Instructure can do to make the integration between Google & Canvas more seamless and roboust will be greatly used and appreciated. If you have ideas on this please add below.
...and in keeping with the musical theme of instcon 2015 here's a little Duran Duran re-mix
Google released an API, came out yesterday,
Use it to build a Canvas-Google hideaway - maybe next year, maybe no go.
I know you're watching TechCrunch every minute of the day, yeah.
I've seen the hashtags and the tweets and the roadmaps
They give your game away, yeah.
There's a dream that sings along with new integrations that just belong
And I got so far before I had to say:
Please, please, tell me now, is there something I should know?
Is there something I should say that would make this come our way?
If you feel the same you've just got to let us know!
This idea was considered when developing our product plan for Q1 2019 and is not expected to influence development within Canvas at this time.
- This idea will remain open for vote.
- If this idea is in the top 10% by vote next cycle it will be reconsidered.
Read more about the feature idea process: