Reorder Dashboard Boxes

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

At this time of year, I have both spring and summer courses listed on my dashboard along with some other groups I am involved with.  I use them all regularly.  I would love to be able to reorder the boxes to put the most important/relevant courses at the top of the screen and leave some of the lesser used ones at the bottom.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15947 .

59 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@jen_frye , a related feature idea was open for voting in an earlier period but was archived because it did not receive enough votes to move forward:   Although it is not identical to yours, it would have the same end result, namely, allowing the user to manage the order of the course cards. If your idea is moved forward for consideration in the next voting cycle, you might want to rally support for it by adding a link to the new idea to the comments section in the archived idea.

lbrem
Community Novice

We would very much like to sort courses - however that happens we support it!

kathy
Community Novice

the way the courses on the dashboard are listed is not at all helpful to me.  I need to be able to sort them myself.

jen_frye
Community Novice

Done!

jen_frye
Community Novice

Make sure you get in and vote for it!   Voting is open until August 3rd.

jen_frye
Community Novice

Make sure you get in and vote for it!   Voting is open until August 3rd.

eschwartz
Community Novice

I don't even know how the system orders the courses on the dashboard except that perhaps they are ordered by the title given by the administrator and not any "nickname" I give them. So now my Fall courses that have section numbers that begin with 1 are listed before my summer courses with section numbers that begin with 4. Even if they let them sort by "nickname" I could name them in the order I want them to appear on my dashboard regardless of the name given by the administrator.

lbrem
Community Novice

We have to advertise this more.  I know people want it.  How can we get the word out?

jen_frye
Community Novice

I wish I knew how you could 'campaign' for your ideas...  If you don't have hundreds of votes, you get buried in the bottom.   Anyone?  

awarmar
Community Participant

@michellemeazell ​ we were just talking about this one! Maybe it will get voted up too!