Reorder Dashboard Boxes

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

At this time of year, I have both spring and summer courses listed on my dashboard along with some other groups I am involved with.  I use them all regularly.  I would love to be able to reorder the boxes to put the most important/relevant courses at the top of the screen and leave some of the lesser used ones at the bottom.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15947 .

59 Comments
Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

I'm hoping that this request that came from a student can help this cause.  The student submitted a ticket asking: "Is there a feature that allows you to move around your courses on the home page? It would help out if they would be in order of my schedule."

I think this is a valid feature request -- the ability to re-order by schedule, or by order of frequency of use, etc.   Also, this is a feature teachers, students, and admins were accustomed to having in our previous LMS. 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Idea is currently in development
kmonesmith
Community Novice

This could be quite a simple fix. Let the courses be re-arranged by the "Nickname." Then, teachers and students could use nicknames like 1st hour, 2nd hour, etc... Let those nicknames be re-ordered by numerical values as well. 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2018-12-08) .

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@jen_frye  Thank You  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @lbrem  Thank You , kathy Thank You ,  @eschwartz  Thank You ,  @awarmar  Thank You ,  @tbunag  Thank You ,  @bgibson  Thank You ,  @don_bryn  Thank You ,  @kona  Thank You ,  @richardm  Thank You ,  @lezonl2  Thank You , wjames Thank You , rosmith Thank You , khirschmann Thank You ,  @ronmarx  Thank You , ginashelley Thank You , smckeon Thank You , ebelsan Thank You ,  @jcraig1  Thank You ,  @James  Thank You , wetbook71 Thank You ,  @hmclore  Thank You ,  @denise_kreiger  Thank You ,  @kim_elkjaer_mar  Thank You ,  @Hildi_Pardo  Thank You  &  @kmonesmith  Thank You  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas!

ronmarx
Community Contributor

Thanks for the mention,  @Renee_Carney ‌. Would you reactivate https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/8612 so I can build support for the idea?

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

That idea already had it's turn to gather votes.  You can resubmit as new if someone else hasn't already.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed