Question Bank Repository

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Question Banks. If you create a bank of questions in a sandbox course and bookmark those banks, then you can use them in any course. But you cannot then copy those quizzes to any other course because the links to question banks are lost.  In order to use question banks in various courses, you have to copy the question banks from course to course along with the quizzes.  If you later want to update questions, you will have to update them in EVERY course that uses that bank.  This defeats the whole purpose of having BANKS.

There should be a central repository for banks.  OR when quizzes are copies among courses, the links to banks should be carefully checked to maintain links to the correct banks.

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
38 Comments
snugent
Community Champion

I agree. I hope that the new quizzing engine will incorporate this idea. 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you for submitting this feature idea! Learn more about the feature idea process and how to champion your idea.

Your feature idea will be open for vote from Wed. June 1, 2016 - Wed. September 7, 2016. Smiley Wink

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. June 1, 2016 - Wed. September 7, 2016.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

don_bryn
Community Champion

I appreciate your votes!   If you agree, however, please post a comment.  Even a simple comment will help!

don_bryn
Community Champion

I sure hope this is incorporated into the new quizzing engine. I seem to see a lot of comments in that discussion that agree with this idea, but not many votes. I think that the quizzing engine discussion is keeping us from voting.  we're all waiting to see what exactly is going to be included. Not a good time for trying to gather votes.

swatts
Community Participant

This would be a big help! I hope this idea goes through!!

spowell
Community Novice

I agree with this time saving and sensible request.

esapienza
Community Novice

This is an awesome idea!

khooper
Community Novice

I would love this. I hate having to change test banks in multiple courses.

emily_moore
Community Novice

This is a great idea and would be incredibly useful!