Let us schedule a Publish Date / Time for Content Pages

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Please allow us the ability to set a specific date and/or time for content pages to be published ahead of time.

It would be nice to be able to schedule those times in advance. There are times I don't want to publish something for students to see until after class and that requires remembering to go back and publish. Forgetting to do so only then creates chaos.  It'd be nice to just set those times once the page is designed and avoid those circumstances.

145 Comments
dgray
Community Participant

I completely agree that Pages ought to have date restrictions on publishing; heck, everything ought to have those publish options.

Until they do, there are some components that do have date restrictions already. I put together a PDF talking over those options: PDF - Restricting Canvas Content by Date

jordan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thank you for submitting this feature idea! Learn more about the feature idea process and how to champion your idea.

Your feature idea will be open for vote from Wed. December 7, 2016 - Wed. March 1, 2017. Smiley Wink

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. December 7, 2016 - Wed. March 1, 2017.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hey  @dgray Thanks for sharing that PDF! Great job!

KLM

swhite4
Community Explorer

I agree.  I would love this!

epokryfki
Community Participant

I use external content in most of my courses, therefore I would be very happy if I could have the due dates for what needs to be covered a given day and not only what should be graded. 

Thanks!

james_sanzin
Community Champion

Great Idea!

helfco
Community Participant

I like this idea and gave you an up-vote! Also, would like a feature that allows for the scheduling/publishing of Front Pages. I submitted an idea for this feature if anyone is interested - https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/9576-scheduled-release-of-front-page 

mdurler
Community Member

Ran across this issue just this morning. Had time to update a page this morning but did not want it displayed until after my class today.  Could not do it.

jgraves
Community Novice

This seems like pretty basic functionality. Even the most rudimentary learning management systems I have used allow this.