• File upload options as buttons
  • Support of webcam capture

I also share what the team is working on now:

• Clear action for student commenting
  • Support of group assignments

6 Comments
Drew-Hopkins
Community Explorer

I do not prefer this method of updating us on feature previews. I'd prefer if these updates could remain consistent with the format of other user group's release notes. That is if you are intending on providing a video update please provide and link to text-based updates as well. In addition, closed captioning was not uploaded at the time in which I viewed this video (9/3/21) which can be an issue of accessibility. 

jsailor
Instructure
Instructure

@Drew-Hopkins, thanks for the feedback on which ways you prefer to receive updates. These updates were also included in a recent blog posted. It would have likely helped had I initially included that link for those that prefer to read about the updates. Also, I apologize for not including closed captioning, that was an error on my part as I rushed to post the update at the end of a long week. 

As for the release notes, those are also included in this user group and can be accessed from the side panel under Feature Releases (Change Log)

Jeff_F
Community Champion

@jsailor  

Arc is now Studio.

Is it possible to enable this feature preview to a course in progress?  And if something isn't quite right, disable it without issue.  Thanks!

jsailor
Instructure
Instructure

@Jeff_F, yes, you are correct. I still have an old installation in the account from which I was demoing. I will update before my next video. 🙂

Yes, it is possible to enable this feature preview at any point in time and to disable should you feel it does not yet meet your needs without issue.  

Jeff_F
Community Champion

@jsailor  - if I select File Upload as the submission type and specify .docx I would not expect students to be able to post a Webcam or Studio video.

Perhaps those options are in place in the event students are required to post more than one deliverable?

Also, if the Days tardy field is to have a decimal place, can the width of that field be made a little wider so the value are fully visible?

decimal value not fully visibledecimal value not fully visible

Thanks!

jsailor
Instructure
Instructure

@Jeff_F, great news! We already have tickets created to adjust both of these.