cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharon_kitching
Community Participant

BUG? Student users unable to upload to assignments - persistent across browsers & OS for same user

Jump to solution

We have had a few students reports in the last 36 hours of students being UNABLE to upload assignments with the assignment enhancements interface. The UPLOAD, and drop&drag/browse buttons do not respond. Weirdly, the "MORE' button does respond. When masquerading as the user, we can replicate the same behaviour over different browsers and machines/OS. For some students, this behaviour disappeared overnight, and for others, it has persisted. 

Has anyone else had any reports of this? Workarounds are to turn it off and use the old interface or ask students to upload via phone. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jsailor
Instructure
Instructure

@sharon_kitching and @nwilson7, I can confirm that the fix for this bug (caused by an inadvertent change when working on observer support) was pushed last night. All should be working as expected once again for those that have both student and observer enrollments.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sharon_kitching
Community Participant

Apparently, this bug is caused by students being enrolled as an 'observer' AND as a student (but in 2 different courses). 

nwilson7
Community Champion

UPDATE:  Since I posted this, I have confirmed with Canvas support that engineers have fixed this.  I was able to test and everything is fixed for us.

@sharon_kitching We had a student report this to Canvas support last night (around 10:30 est.) and support told them it is a bug that engineers are working on.  

-Nick

sharon_kitching
Community Participant

yes, was released on 1st Dec. Solved by 2nd Dec. Apparently 'badly scoped'. 

7k2cor72uxo51.jpg

jsailor
Instructure
Instructure

@sharon_kitching and @nwilson7, I can confirm that the fix for this bug (caused by an inadvertent change when working on observer support) was pushed last night. All should be working as expected once again for those that have both student and observer enrollments.  

View solution in original post

rbaxter247
Community Member

Is this still working correctly? In the past week, many students have been unable to upload assignments but it is not everyone. We have instructed them to clear cookies and cache but this doesn't appear to solve the issue.