Use a CRM like SalesForce as a Student Information System ( SIS ) ?

Jump to solution
ted_curran
Community Novice

Our organization is pretty different than the traditional ed institution, and we have always used our legacy LMS as the master record of student information. Now that we're on Canvas, that's not recommended. We have been using Salesforce as an ancillary system to track student support transactions, but were wondering if it wouldn't be best to use it to track all student records?

I know that Southern New Hampshire University​ uses a modified version of SalesForce to drive their competency based program, and while I'm new to working with CRM systems, I see how it can be useful to track important interactions and milestones in a student's educational career.

Does your institution use CRM? Does it interact with Canvas at all, and if so, how? I'd be really interested to hear how institutions are using CRM to extend Canvas' abilities, especially when it comes to tracking student progress.

Thanks!
Ted.

1 Solution
Robbie_Grant
Community Champion

@ted_curran ,

We will go ahead and mark this as answered. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

View solution in original post