Custom Reports in Catalog

jfenton
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi Everyone! 

My name is Jon Fenton and I'm a new Product Manager at Instructure. In case you haven't heard, Instructure is putting a dedicated team of developers together to work on Catalog (yay!). We're committed to the future of Catalog and excited to begin active development on the platform once again.

We sent out a couple of surveys recently where we asked about the features people are most excited to see in Catalog. We were blown away by the level of participation and if anyone hasn't had a chance to see those results, you can check them out here

One of the biggest requests we're getting is for improved reporting capabilities. This is clearly a feature that a lot of people are anxious to see us improve. But we want to make sure we know how enhancements here could be the most beneficial. So we need your input! What types of reports or data would be most useful for your institution? Is it reports on user defined fields? More data options in our current reports? Or maybe you want our reports to be StarWars themed and make lightsaber sounds when you click the export button? Whatever it is, I'd love to hear from you. 

Thanks everyone!