Submitting a quiz submission on behalf of a student.

rvelton
Community Novice

Little background on my app... we take a quiz and turn it into a bubble sheet so students can take tests in a "non-digital" environment. We have a mobile app that will scan the sheet and score. If a sheet was built from an imported Canvas quiz, we would like to automatically create a quiz submission for that user.

We authorize each teacher in our app but we do not have a need to authorize any students within out app. Since students are taking assessments offline, we want to create the digital submission entry on behalf of the student through a teachers account. (using the Canvas APIs)

First question, is this even possible doing this through the Canvas APIs? I have tried the query param "as_user_id", but we keep running into errors. And from research, it requires a specific admin permission that we really don't want to mess with. Is there another way to do this workflow through any Canvas APIs?

Last question, should we build out the full LTI 1.3 implementation for Canvas? If we did, does the LTI 1.3 standard support submitting a quiz on the student's behalf? We have been looking through the docs and haven't found this specifically outlined, but I figured I would ask here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Labels (4)
0 Likes