[Accessibility] Table Advanced Properties with NEW RCE

Table/Image Advanced Properties 

The Table, cell and rowadvanced properties option is a limiting design.

There is a  dropdown list, without the ability to customize the html, which was available in the prior RCE.

Though the option to edit the code in the full HTML is still available, the ability to change the table's properties from this menu is easier and targeted-rather than having to search/edit within the code.

Example of Advanced Table Properties Issue

Current RCE

current RCE with customizable html

VS

RCE Enhancement

RCE Enhancement limiting drop down list

canvasreleases‌ newrce‌ rceaccesibility‌  

Priority: RCE Release Notes: Canvas LMS User Group: Assignment Workflow Improvements (NEW) Rich Content Editor Enhancements Canvas User Engagement

User Group: Assignment Workflow ImprovementsPriority: RCE

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@leonora_villart ‌, when I click on Advanced from the Table Properties modal, I see more options than what your screenshot for the new RCE displays:

346318_table properties advanced.png

Is that the additional functionality you're seeking?

diane_meterko
Community Explorer

Hi stefaniesanders‌,  I believe L's screenshot was simply cut off.  She is requesting that the "Style" field in the advanced options of the Table Properties, Row Properties, and Cell Properties get added to the RCE Enhancement.  It exists in the current RCE.

346659_2020-05-04_15-08-32.jpg

leonora_villart
Community Participant

Hi stefaniesanders

Yes, my screen shot is cut off. 

Diane Meterko provided a more detailed explanation of my idea.

Though your screen captures additional options, it still doesn't detract from the current inability to manually input code in the "Style" field.  

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@leonora_villart ‌ and  @diane_meterko ‌, thanks for working with us to refine the idea. It's open for voting.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme