Allow teachers to move multiple files within the course file area

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas  Learn more about voting...
  Idea will be open for vote Wed. July 1, 2015 - Wed. October 7, 2015  Learn more about voting...
Teachers often import their individual files into the course file area and THEN want to organize these files into folders. Right now, they must move each file individually. It would be great if they could move multiple files at once. Perhaps an interface like Gmail uses where you check multiple boxes and then use a pulldown to select which folder to move the items into.

Response from Instructure

Thank you Rob Ditto

After Better File Browsing became standard 2015-06-06, teachers can use the Move Multiple Files steps in this lesson: How do I move and organize my files as an instructor?

Also see Canvas Studio: Files update

7 Comments
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

This feature idea is now open for voting.

RobDitto
Community Champion

This is already possible.  After Better File Browsing became standard 2015-06-06, teachers can use the Move Multiple Files steps in this lesson: How do I move and organize my files as an instructor? 

Users of keyboard navigation can use the Tab key to reveal hidden checkboxes provided as an accessibility aid to multiple file selection.

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Thanks for the catch,  @RobDitto ​! 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@RobDitto ​ Thank you for posting the release notes.  For more information on the file project please reference Canvas Studio: Files update!!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed