[Assignments] Creating assignment rules in differentiated learning

Problem statement:

We'd love to use more differentiated learning to provide individualized experience, but with rolling enrollment (professional development company) we are very limited if we need to manually assign sections or students to specific items. If we pull all 80 of the learners from one school district, they might add in three more the next week or another dozen in a month, and we can't keep up manually adding them to the differentiated section/assignment. With the new module assignments coming this summer, this would make the feature much more exciting.

Proposed solution:

I propose the ability to add rules to who should be assigned to the module/assignment/discussion/etc.

So instead of listing the students and/or sections individually, you might set a module to assign to anyone who has "PK" in their section name, as they're a PK teacher and need to see that material.

Or any learner who has an email address at X learning center should get this resource.

Or any person starting the course between x and y dates should get access to this resource.

I think there are a ton of creative options that could make this tool incredibly powerful and automated while removing a lot of manual work. It specifically empowers the course creation/delivery model, but I think large classroom instruction could use it as well.

User role(s):

admin